SIArb administers two scheme arbitrations - one involving the Committee for Private Education, SkillsFuture Singapore Agency (“CPE”) and the other the Council of Estate Agents (“CEA”). These are known as the SIArb – CPE Scheme Arbitration and the SIArb – CEA Scheme Arbitration. The aim of scheme arbitrations is to provide a quick and low cost dispute resolution service for lower value disputes in particular areas and industries.
SIArb is the sole provider for scheme arbitration services to CPE. Since inception SIArb has administered 19 arbitrations under the CPE Scheme Arbitration. As yet, no cases have been filed under the SIArb - CEA scheme.
The President of SIArb appoints scheme arbitrators from the Institute’s Primary and Secondary Panel of Arbitrators, and in particular from those panel members who have indicated their willingness to accept appointments under the schemes.
Please refer to the relevant information below:
Estate Agents Act
- Estate Agents Act 2010 (25 of 2010)
- Estate Agents (Dispute Resolution Schemes) Regulations 2011
- SIArb - Council for Estate Agencies Arbitration Rules
Private Education Act
- Overview of CPE dispute resolution scheme
- CPE Mediation-Arbitration Scheme Brochure (Jan 2018)
- CPE dispute resolution flowchart
- Private Education Act 2009 (21 of 2009)
- Private Education Regulations 2009
- Private Education (Dispute Resolution Schemes) Regulations 2016
- CPE Terms of Reference for Dispute Resolution Centres (revised with effect from 1 April 2018)
- Private Education Mediation-Arbitration Scheme Arbitration Rules (revised with effect from 1 March 2021)
Previous version: SIArb - SMC Council for Private Education Mediation-Arbitration Scheme Rules (revised with effect from 1 April 2018)
First version: SIArb - SMC Council for Private Education Mediation-Arbitration Scheme Rules (with effect 22 April 2010)